This page is designed to promote the use of film for educational purposes for both grades 9-12 and college level courses. Below are some resources that will help educators gather and process information about our films.
To Buy or Rent a Film
Shadow will guarantee the availability of films for educational use. Please contact us to buy or rent one of these films. DVD, VHS, and 35mm prints available. Special appearances by filmmakers and cast may be available upon request.
- Shadow’s study guides include many tools to aid in understanding our films:
- Comprehensive background resources for each film
- Information about the geography, history and cultural setting of the film
- Character guides and vocabulary list
- Director’s statement and biography
- A guide to filmmaking techniques
- Lessons plans tailored to each film, including theme-based discussion questions, and creative exercises.
- Additional resource links for each film
What happens when a group of hairdressers from America travel to Kabul with the intention of telling Afghan women how to do hair …More »
Shadow Distribution is proud to present the US theatrical release of THE SITUATION, a film by Philip Haas, starring Connie Nielsen (GLADIATOR, BROTHERS), …More »
History changes all the time. What is good today can be considered bad tomorrow. During the ten years of Cultural Revolution, traditional opera …More »